When economy will good, capital market will also be strong:
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-08-19 13:22:09 || Updated: 2021-08-19 13:22:09
When the country’s economy is good, the condition of the capital market will also be strong, said Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal. A meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Virtual Economic Affairs and Public Procurement was held at noon on Thursday (August 19) under the chairmanship of Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal. The finance minister told reporters in an online briefing after the meeting.
The stock market has reached a good level, the value of companies that are not in production is going up a lot – the Finance Minister said that the Securities Exchange Commission will look into the matter. The basic subject of our capital market is the economy of the country. When the country’s economy is good, the condition of the capital market will also be strong. The words that you are saying, the inconsistencies that you see, I will point out to the Chairman of the Exchange Commission.
Regarding the new secretary of the financial institutions department, he said, “My expectations are always the same as yours.” I hope he fulfills our expectations. With his hand we can implement the expectations, we expect that.
“The NBR’s recruitment of manpower has been stalled for a long time,” he said. I will talk to the senior secretary of the ministry. The ministry has a role to play in recruitment. So, directly or indirectly we have a role. Positively we will take it into consideration and take action accordingly. I will talk to the chairman of NBR, if they have any claim, we will definitely consider it with the highest priority.
- St Gregory’s North America Alumni Set up not-for-profit organization
- Chinese Companies Indulge In Illegal Activities In Bangladesh
- Anger grows over ‘unjust’ Israeli travel bans on Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza
- Iran says forces seize two Greek tankers, Athens protests ‘piracy’
- WEF22: Saudi Arabia rises on several key performance indicators
- WEF 2022: Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister calls for global dialogue, cooperation
- Qatar Investment Authority cannot exit Russian market, says official
- lyricist & journalist Tarik Abedin joined the online news portal dhakamail
- The street drama “Doppa Day” staged
- Russia’s Lavrov accuses West of considering ‘nuclear war’
- NATO urges more Russia talks to defuse Ukraine crisis
- DGHS issues 15-point guidelines to tackle Omicron variant
- Bangladesh calls all to recognize Palestine with rightful place in UN
- Transport strike called off after re-fixing of bus fare
- South Asian nations should work to alleviate poverty: PM
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- PM to brief media this afternoon on UNGA session