Largest solar power plant in Jamalpur at a cost of Tk 1,511 crore
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-08-10 11:42:51 || Updated: 2021-08-10 11:42:51
The government is planning to build the country’s largest solar power plant at Madarganj in Jamalpur to increase power generation from renewable energy. The 100 MW Sheikh Hasina Solar Park will be constructed by the state-owned Rural Power Company Limited (RPCL). The company will build this solar park by 2023. The project proposal has already been finalized.
According to RPCL sources, 325 acres of land has been acquired for a 100 MW solar power project. RPCL has already completed the feasibility study there. Neighboring India is financing the lion’s share of the project under the Indian Line of Credit (LOC-3).
According to the draft proposal, the 100-megawatt power plant has been named as Sheikh Hasina Solar Park. The total cost of the entire project has been estimated at Tk 1,511.79 crore. India is financing Tk 1,115.62 crore for solar projects under LOC-3. The remaining Tk 319.40 crore is government funding and Tk 76 crore is RPCL.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers