Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-18 13:24:43 || Updated: 2021-07-18 13:25:48
Indian onion imports have increased ahead of the upcoming Eid-ul-Azha. Onions are coming to the country through Hili land port in Dinajpur. According to the port authorities, onions are being imported in 35-40 trucks a week.
It is learned that the import of onions is going on through land ports as the government of Bangladesh has allowed the import of onions and lifted the ban on onion export (IP) by the Government of India.
Harun Ur Rashid Harun, president of the Hili Land Port Importers Group, said on Sunday that onion imports at the port were going on at the same time. The amount of imports is fluctuating a bit. However, onion imports through the port have increased, port sources said.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers