Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-18 13:39:40 || Updated: 2021-07-18 13:39:40
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has filed a case against two officials of the Char Fashion branch of Madhumati Bank (Volar) for embezzling huge sums of money through five bank accounts. On July 15, the company’s deputy director Debabrata Mandal filed the case at the ACC’s integrated district office in Barisal.
ACC public relations officer Arif Sadiq confirmed the information yesterday (Sunday). The two accused in the case are Madhumati Bank’s sacked manager Rezaul Kabir and sacked assistant officer Sahabuddin.
Last January, the then manager of Bhola Char Fashion Madhumati Bank. Rezaul Kabir was accused of embezzling the money. The bank authorities filed a general diary (GD) against him in this incident. Although Rezaul denied it at the press conference.
According to the statement of the ACC case, Rezaul has committed a punishable offense under Section 409 of the Penal Code and Section 5 (2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1947 by embezzling money through five bank accounts. A case has also been filed against Rezaul as it appeared to the ACC that Sahabuddin, a sacked assistant officer, had assisted him.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- `Bank and financial institutions cannot pay in special funds’
- Meghna Life Insurance at the top of raising prices
- Sonar Bangla Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BFIU summoned bank accounts of journalist leaders
- Dhaka Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- SBAC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report