‘Sales of goods stopped if work environment is not created in factories’
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-14 09:49:47 || Updated: 2021-07-14 09:50:35
Salman F Rahman, Adviser to the Prime Minister on Private Industries and Investment, said that those industries which do not ensure safe working environment will be stopped from selling their products in the country’s market in future. He made the remarks at an online discussion on the leather industry on Tuesday (July 13th).
The virtual discussion on ‘Reviving the Leather Sector in the Aftermath of Kavid-19’ was organized by the Economic Reporters Forum (ERF), the Asia Foundation and the private research organization Research and Policy Integration for Development (Rapid).
ERF President Sharmin Rinvi presided over the function and General Secretary SM Rashidul Islam presided over the function. Abdur Razzak and Rapid’s executive director Prof. M. Abu Yusuf.
Former caretaker government adviser Syed Manzur Elahi was the guest of honor and Commerce Secretary Tapan Kanti Ghosh was the special guest.
President of Bangladesh Finished Leather Goods and Footwear Exporters Association Mohiuddin Ahmed Mahin, President of Bangladesh Tanners Association Shahin Ahmed, Director of Institute of Leather Engineering and Technology of Dhaka University Dr. Mizanur Rahman, Managing Director of DTIWTPCL Brigadier General (Retd.) M Zahid Hasan and Tannery Workers Union President Abul Kalam Azad.
Kazi Faisal bin Siraj, Country Representative of Asia Foundation, Ferdous Ara Begum, Chief Executive Officer of Business Initiative Leading Development (BILD), Jinat Ara, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Commerce spoke on the occasion.
- Nitol Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Social Islami Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- One Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Rupali Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Rupali Inurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Bank will lend Tk 28,391 crore to farmers
- Malaysian PM faces calls to resign after palace rebuke
- Islamic Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- National Life Insurance declares dividend
- First security Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tensions in Tunisia after president suspends parliament
- NRBC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Govt decides to establish 3 more new upazilas
- IFIC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Marico declares Interim Dividend
- Eastern Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Dutch Bangla Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- IPDC Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tk 427cr project for expatriate workers’ employments okayed
- Tk 87 crore additional revenue collected in Hili
- 50 crore losses in 4 months in tourism industry
- Benapoles revenue target of Tk 6,245 crore
- Import-export started at Benapole port
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train