Annual income of Suez Canal 584 crore dollars
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-13 14:45:19 || Updated: 2021-07-13 14:45:19
In the fiscal year 2020-2021 (July-June), the revenue of the Suez Canal in Egypt reached a record 584 million dollars. In the last financial year, the amount of income was 572 crore dollars. The Suez Canal Authority recently released figures for the fiscal year ended last month.
Canal authorities say the canal’s revenue has reached nearly 3 billion dollars in the first six months of this year, despite the container shipwreck in March. Where the revenue in the first half of last year was 276 crore dollars.
Last March, Ever Given was stuck in the canal for six days. And this closes the important route of world trade. The Suez Canal authorities released the ship earlier this month after reaching an agreement with the owner and the insurer. Sources said that after the settlement, a hearing was held in a court in Egypt recently on the case filed by the authorities for compensation.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers