Shahjalal’s abandoned 12 planes will be auctioned soon
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-12 10:37:47 || Updated: 2021-07-12 10:37:47
12 long-abandoned planes at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport will be put up for auction soon. If the desired price is not obtained in the auction, it will be sold at the price of kg.
Bangladesh Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) sources confirmed the matter to media on Monday (July 12th). According to sources, a committee has already been formed to fix the auction process. The committee also gave the procedure and recommendations of the auction. Now it’s time for the official announcement of the auction.
According to Bebichak, a total of 12 aircrafts are currently abandoned at the airport. 10 of them have been occupying the place of Cargo Village for the last 8 years. These abandoned planes cause problems in loading and unloading cargo. So for a long time I was looking for a way to empty the place. A four-member committee has recently recommended that the planes be auctioned off.
According to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, there are currently six United Airways, two Regent Airways, one GMG Airlines and one Aviana Airlines aircraft at the airport for a long time. All of them except Regent have been in the same position for 8 years.
The responsible official of the airport said that the parking charges and surcharges of these planes are in arrears of around Tk 650 crore. They are not paying this money. On the contrary, by occupying the place of cargo for a long time, Bebichak has blocked other avenues of revenue collection.
In one assessment, Bebichak saw that a total of 4 moving cargoes could be located in these places, so that their income would increase. So the planes have been auctioned off.
- Social Islami Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- One Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Rupali Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Rupali Inurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Bank will lend Tk 28,391 crore to farmers
- Malaysian PM faces calls to resign after palace rebuke
- Islamic Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- National Life Insurance declares dividend
- DBH disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tensions in Tunisia after president suspends parliament
- First security Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- NRBC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Govt decides to establish 3 more new upazilas
- Dutch Bangla Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Eastern Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Marico declares Interim Dividend
- IFIC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- IPDC Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tk 427cr project for expatriate workers’ employments okayed
- Tk 87 crore additional revenue collected in Hili
- 50 crore losses in 4 months in tourism industry
- Benapoles revenue target of Tk 6,245 crore
- Import-export started at Benapole port
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train