Bank will provide 70 percent loans to buy digital devices
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-12 14:41:38 || Updated: 2021-07-12 14:41:38
Bangladesh Bank has directed to give loans in the ratio of 70:30 for the purchase of digital devices (laptops, mobiles, computers, tabs etc.) under consumer loans. In this case, the consumer has been given a condition to keep a capital of Tk 30. A circular in this regard was issued on Monday (July 12) by the Banking Regulation and Policy Department-BRPD.
According to the circular, the use of digital devices in teachers and students and in educational institutions has increased due to the outbreak of the epidemic coronavirus in almost all educational institutions through online classes. In addition, as part of the government’s vision for a ‘Digital Bangladesh’, funding for the ICT sector is being encouraged at the grassroots level for reliable digital access and development of IT-rich human resources.
It further said that in the light of the above, it has been decided that the existing loan-margin ratio of 30:70 instead of 70:30 should be maximized for the disbursement of loans for the purchase of digital devices (laptops / mobiles / computers / tabs) in favor of the consumer under consumer loans. 30 ratio can be followed.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- `Bank and financial institutions cannot pay in special funds’
- Meghna Life Insurance at the top of raising prices
- Sonar Bangla Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BFIU summoned bank accounts of journalist leaders
- Dhaka Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- SBAC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report