Reserves crossed 46 billion dollars milestone
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-29 14:24:02 || Updated: 2021-06-29 14:24:02
Bangladesh’s foreign exchange reserves have crossed the 46 billion dollars milestone amid remittances from expatriates. Bangladesh Bank Deputy Governor Kazi Chaidur Rahman confirmed the information.
He said that at the end of the day on Tuesday (June 29), the reserves of Bangladesh Bank stood at 46.82 billion dollars, which is more than at any time in the past.
With this reserve of four billion dollars per month, it is possible to meet the import cost of more than 11 months. According to international standards, a country has to have foreign exchange reserves equal to three months’ worth of import costs.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers