5 million families will get cash assistance: Commerce Minister
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-27 14:47:14 || Updated: 2021-06-27 14:47:14
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi has said that cash assistance has been provided to 5 million families. He was speaking at the inaugural function of the district-upazila consumer representative conference-2021 and a seminar on strengthening consumer rights on Sunday (June 27). The seminar is organized online by the Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB).
The Commerce Minister said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is working day and night for the welfare of the people of the country. The present business-friendly government has taken all sorts of steps to ensure the supply of the country’s essential commodities, fair prices and adequate stocks. During the epidemic, it has stood by the traders by announcing incentive packages. Under the social security program, cash assistance has been provided to 5 million families in the country to alleviate the suffering of consumers.
Tipu Munshi said it is possible to ensure consumer rights by raising awareness. He said the government is working with utmost importance to establish consumer rights. The market campaign has already been intensified by setting up the National Department of Consumer Protection.
The Commerce Minister said Bangladesh Competition Commission has been formed to stop monopoly trade and ensure competition in trade and commerce. Safe food laws have been enacted to ensure safe food. Various activities are being conducted to make the consumer aware.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers