BSEC wants to increase 50 percent contribution of capital market to GDP
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-24 11:42:17 || Updated: 2021-06-24 11:42:17
Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) Commissioner. Abdul Halim said that at present the contribution of capital market to GDP is about 20 percent, which is much less than the neighboring countries. The commission wants to increase it to 50 percent by 2024. The capital market will play an important role in making Bangladesh a developed country by 2041.
He was speaking as the chief guest on the concluding day of a seven-day training workshop at the DSE Training Academy on Wednesday (June 23rd).
This information was given in a press release sent from DSE.
Abdul Halim added, ‘Training is needed to make workplace issues a reality. At one time all kinds of work were manual. The current is unthinkable. The evolution of technology has made our operations easier. This software will also make our work transparent and effective. ‘
BSEC’s Executive Director Md. Saifur Rahman said DSE’s digital submission and demotion platform was a dream. And DSE’s skilled workforce has worked tirelessly to make this dream a reality. Data input and submission can be done easily and in less time through this software. And this will increase transparency and accountability in the capital market.
DSE’s Chief Technology Officer and Team Leader Md. Ziaul Karim and DSE Managing Director (in-charge) Abdul Matin Patwari. Also present at the time was DSE General Manager Md. Chhamiul Islam, Deputy General Manager and CRO (current responsibilities) said. Abdul Latif and senior manager Muhammad Rony Islam.
Besides, BSEC Joint Director Mohammad Nazrul Islam, DSE Deputy General Manager Syed Mahmud Jubayer, Senior Manager Md. Discussed various technical issues in the training workshop. Rabiul Islam and software architect Nazmus Shakib.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction