Foreign investment in Bangladesh decreased by 11 percent
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-21 11:41:34 || Updated: 2021-06-21 11:41:34
The ongoing epidemic has led to a collapse in foreign direct investment (FDI) in the world. In 2020, FDI decreased by 35 percent over the previous year. And in Bangladesh it has decreased by about 11 percent. The figures are in the latest World Investment Report by UNCTAD, the United Nations agency for trade and development. The report was released worldwide on Monday.
According to Uncategorized, the investment in Bangladesh last year was 256.40 million dollars. In Bangladeshi currency the amount is Tk 21,800 crore. In the previous year, in 2019, FDI came to 287 crore 40 lakh dollars or 24 thousand 430 crore according to the current exchange rate. At the end of 2020, the total foreign investment in Bangladesh is 1,939 crore. Which was 1 thousand 778 million dollars at the end of the previous year.
According to the UNCTAD report, countries around the world received 1 trillion dollars in FDI in 2020. In Bangladeshi currency the amount is Tk 85 lakh crores. In 2019, FDI in the world was one and a half trillion dollars. In South Asia, FDI in all countries except India declined last year. On the other hand, due to China and Hong Kong, overall investment in Asia has increased by 4 percent over the previous year.
- Militant attack 26/11” Street drama in protest of terror attack in Mumbai
- Australia lists Hezbollah as ‘terrorist organisation’
- US donates 1.8m more Pfizer vaccines to Bangladesh
- PM issues directive to return development activities to pre-Covid state
- PM wants no hindrance to country’s advancement
- Dogecoin beats Bitcoin as the most-Googled cryptocoin in US
- Patriotism is must for country’s development: PM
- Pfizer to allow generic versions of its COVID pill in Bangladesh
- PM hopes Bangladesh will win UNESCO-Bangabandhu award in future
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction