21 insurance companies aren’t coming in capital market
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-17 11:10:32 || Updated: 2021-06-17 11:10:32
Despite legal obligations, ministerial directives, deadlines and relaxation of the latest law, 21 insurance companies in the country could not enter the capital market. As a result, the companies are counting the fines every month.
The Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC), the regulator of the capital market, has asked the Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority (IDRA) for the latest status of the companies. BSEC sent a letter to IDRA on Wednesday. This information has been known from the relevant sources.
Mohammad Rezaul Karim, executive director and spokesperson of BSEC, said the law was relaxed at the request of the IDRA as insurance companies could not enter the capital market due to legal complications. So far, 21 companies have not applied for IPO. As a result, IDRA has been requested to take the latest steps of the companies and take necessary steps to apply for IPO.
- Militant attack 26/11” Street drama in protest of terror attack in Mumbai
- Australia lists Hezbollah as ‘terrorist organisation’
- US donates 1.8m more Pfizer vaccines to Bangladesh
- PM issues directive to return development activities to pre-Covid state
- PM wants no hindrance to country’s advancement
- Dogecoin beats Bitcoin as the most-Googled cryptocoin in US
- Patriotism is must for country’s development: PM
- Pfizer to allow generic versions of its COVID pill in Bangladesh
- PM hopes Bangladesh will win UNESCO-Bangabandhu award in future
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction