Despite of corona number of very rich increasing
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-13 10:07:51 || Updated: 2021-06-13 10:07:51
Corona has further widened the wealth disparity between the rich and the poor. Even in the Corona period, the number of super rich people in the world is far from comma, but has increased. Another six thousand people have become very rich. On the other hand, the condition of common people has deteriorated.
Extremes have led to lockdowns in almost every country. It has had an impact on the economy. Lots of people have lost their jobs. Many people have become poor. On the other hand, the number of the richest people in the world has increased. During the Coronation period, six thousand people were added to the list of Super Rich. The United States has the largest number of new rich. Then China and Germany at number three.
Boston Consulting Group released a report Thursday. It can be seen that Corona could not stop some people from becoming very rich. In 2020, the number of super-rich people in the world has reached 60,000. Of which 2,900 are from Germany. The German super-rich control 1.4 trillion dollars of the world’s investable wealth. In 2020, their financial growth was six percent.
The wealth of these rich people reached record highs during the Corona period. The wealth of the richest people in the world has reached 250 trillion dollars, which is eight percent more than in 2019.
Corona has further widened the gap between rich and poor. The world’s 60,000 super-rich people control 15 percent of total investment. At the same time, the number of poor people in the world has increased. The International Labor Organization (ILO) reports that the number of unemployed is multiplying as a result of the corona. It will take many years to return to 2019. For the first time in 20 years, the number of child laborers has increased, the report said.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers