There is no ‘weakness’ in this year’s budget: Finance Minister
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-09 11:01:10 || Updated: 2021-06-09 11:01:10
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has said that there is no weakness in the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2021-22.
A meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Virtual Economic Affairs and Government Procurement was held at noon on Wednesday (June 9) under the chairmanship of the Finance Minister. He told reporters after the meeting.
Asked what were the weaknesses in this year’s budget, the finance minister said there was no weakness in the budget. I do not want to mention any particular segment. We will see who are the beneficiaries when the budget starts to be implemented. We will know who are the beneficiaries. We have prepared this budget to cover those with whom you have questions.
“We believe and the prime minister has instructed us,” he said. That is, if we can identify low-income people and bring them into the mainstream of the economy, then our economy will be more prosperous in the future. We believe in this principle and continue to do so.
Asked about the reports of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that there are about 2.5 crore new poor, the minister said, “We have our own institutions and they will look into these.” We cannot receive information from anyone before receiving information from our organization.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers