Gov’t making the insurance services friendly and welfare oriented
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-03 10:37:21 || Updated: 2021-06-03 10:39:46
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has said that the proposed 2021-22 financial services will be made people-friendly and welfare-oriented. He said this in his proposed budget speech for the fiscal year 2021-2022 in the budget session of the National Assembly on Thursday (June 3).
Speaker Dr. presided over the session. Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury.
He said that in order to make the insurance service people friendly and welfare oriented, initiatives have been taken to introduce expatriate insurance, agricultural insurance, health insurance, cattle insurance, grain insurance for Haor area etc. The possibility of introducing micro-insurance to alleviate poverty is being explored. Initiatives have been taken to increase the empowerment of women by bringing poor women under micro insurance. Automation initiatives have been taken in the insurance sector. In the meantime, the Uniform Know Your Customer (KYC) system has been introduced.
- St Gregory’s North America Alumni Set up not-for-profit organization
- Chinese Companies Indulge In Illegal Activities In Bangladesh
- Anger grows over ‘unjust’ Israeli travel bans on Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza
- Iran says forces seize two Greek tankers, Athens protests ‘piracy’
- WEF22: Saudi Arabia rises on several key performance indicators
- WEF 2022: Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister calls for global dialogue, cooperation
- Qatar Investment Authority cannot exit Russian market, says official
- lyricist & journalist Tarik Abedin joined the online news portal dhakamail
- The street drama “Doppa Day” staged
- WB to provide US$120m for climate smart agriculture, deal
- Smart Share & Securities launches OMS in share transactions
- Island Securities to launch own OMS for its clients
- IPDC Finance declares dividend
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE