Tea can exporte by meeting domestic demand
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-02 14:33:09 || Updated: 2021-06-02 14:33:09
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi said it was also possible to export tea by meeting domestic demand. He said tea production on flat land in the northern part of the country started in 1996 under the direction of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Tea production is increasing day by day. The government is providing all necessary assistance to encourage tea production there.
He was speaking at a press briefing at the Zoom Platform on the occasion of the 1st National Tea Day-2021 under the auspices of the Bangladesh Tea Board and organized by the Bangladesh Tea Board from his office room at the Secretariat on Wednesday (June 2).
The minister said necessary assistance was being provided to the tea workers. Tea is a potential export product of Bangladesh. There is a huge demand for Bangladeshi tea in the international market. It is possible to export tea by meeting the domestic demand.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers