Bank will be able to send remittances by issuing cards in its own name
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-31 13:22:08 || Updated: 2021-05-31 13:23:51
From now on, authorized dealer banks will be able to issue international remittance cards in their own name. With this card, these banks will be able to easily send the money of IT sector, membership fee, admission fee, education-medical cost, visa fee, training fee abroad through internet.
The central bank’s foreign exchange policy department on Monday (May 31) issued a circular to facilitate remittances through international cards.
In this regard, the concerned official of the central bank said that in the existing system, the approved dealer bank makes foreign transactions through Swift massage and the expatriate income comes to the country through the exchange house. This initiative has been taken to make it easier to send remittances through international cards. Depending on the foreign beneficiary demand, the authorized dealer bank will be able to settle the transactions through the card on behalf of their customer. Remittances can be sent easily and cheaply through this card.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- `Bank and financial institutions cannot pay in special funds’
- Meghna Life Insurance at the top of raising prices
- Sonar Bangla Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BFIU summoned bank accounts of journalist leaders
- Dhaka Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- SBAC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report