Debt cancellation going to be free from defaulters
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-29 15:20:17 || Updated: 2021-05-29 15:20:17
The public and private banks of the country are constantly writing off the balance sheets to free them from the curse of defaulting loans. This special process is being followed with the hope of realizing a lot.
In 2020, the defaulted debt of Tk 6,590 crore was eliminated from the balance sheet, which is almost two and a half times more than the previous year (2019). The amount of bank liquidation in 2019 was Tk 2,597 crore. In contrast (from abolished) the recovery rate was below one percent.
The removal of defaulted loans from the balance sheet, which has been in the banking system for a long time, is called ‘debt cancellation’. Such concessions are taken to show less defaulted loans as the core of the bank.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- `Bank and financial institutions cannot pay in special funds’
- Meghna Life Insurance at the top of raising prices
- Sonar Bangla Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BFIU summoned bank accounts of journalist leaders
- Dhaka Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- SBAC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report