Per capita income increased by 163 percent
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-17 13:11:01 || Updated: 2021-05-17 13:11:01
In the current fiscal year 2020-21, the per capita income of Bangladesh has increased by 163 dollars to 2227 US dollars. Before that it was two thousand 64 US dollars. As a percentage which is more than 9 percent.
Besides, the gross domestic product (GDP) has increased to Tk 30 lakh 87 thousand 300 crore. Earlier it was Tk 27 lakh 96 thousand 328 crore.
Planning Minister MA Mannan presented the information at a cabinet meeting. The approval was given at a virtual cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday (May 17th). From the Ganobhaban, the Prime Minister and Ministers from the Cabinet Division in the Secretariat attended the meeting via video conference.
After the meeting, Cabinet Secretary Khandaker Anwarul Islam gave this information in a press briefing.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers