Opportunity for foreign investors to open online accounts
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-17 14:50:39 || Updated: 2021-05-17 14:50:39
Bangladesh Bank has given an opportunity to foreign investors to easily open temporary accounts online under the One Stop Service (OSS) of Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA).
On Monday (May 17), the Foreign Exchange Policy Department of Bangladesh Bank issued a circular in this regard.
Concerned central bank officials said foreigners have to bring some money for initial expenses when investing in the country. But they have a lot of problems because they do not have their own account. With this in mind, foreign investors have been given the opportunity to open their temporary or temporary bank accounts online under the Bidder One Stop Service. This will make the investment process for foreigners easier.
Under the new guidelines, foreign investors will be able to open temporary accounts in money and dollars online. Among them, foreign investors from Economic Zone, Bangladesh Export Processing Zone and Bangladesh Hi-Tech Park will be able to Sample signatures of customers or account managers can be accepted through online verified channels. The concerned banks have to comply with the existing guidelines for foreign investors in transacting in these temporary accounts.open accounts in dollars and investors from other parts of the country will be able to open accounts in dollars.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high