Good news for gold traders
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-17 15:47:42 || Updated: 2021-05-17 15:47:42
The Cabinet has approved the ‘Gold Policy, 2018 (Revised 2021)’ with the opportunity of importing ore, unrefined and partially refined gold along with gold. According to the revised policy, gold refineries can be set up on a commercial basis in the country. Besides, no security will be required for importing gold bars for own business in the country.
A cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday (May 17th) gave final approval to the draft ‘Gold Policy-2018 (Amended-2021)’.
After the meeting, Cabinet Secretary at the Secretariat Khandaker Anwarul Islam told reporters that the definition of gold refinery has been included in the revised policy. Which will be considered as gold, where can be tested – all these things have been added.
The Ministry of Commerce will set a standard for following the internationally recognized method of setting up and operating gold refineries. Those who want to export gold bars must have gold refineries.
“We are not on the list of gold refineries (in the world),” he said. If I work according to this policy, I will be able to come to this list. In that case, a lot of outside investment and technology will also come here. ”
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers