Many foreigners interested to investing in Bangladesh – BSEC chairman
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-06 12:27:26 || Updated: 2021-05-06 12:27:26
Many foreigners are interested in investing in Bangladesh. Constantly contacting us from different countries for investment. The list includes Singapore and Dubai. Even from America is contacting for investment. So money will not be a problem.
Professor Shibli Rubaiyat-ul-Islam, chairman of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC), the capital market regulator, said this while addressing a special guest at the pre-budget discussion on Thursday.
Planning Minister MA Mannan was present as the chief guest. The main article was presented by Arif Khan, former commissioner of BSEC. The event was jointly organized by the Venture Capital and Private Equities Association and the Capital Market Journalists Forum (CMJF).
Shibli Rubaiyat said the current commission is business friendly. We are working to make business easier. In the meantime, 1 company has been approved by the SME Board to take the business of the country forward. 4-5 more companies will be approved in the next one month. This board will gradually get bigger and later different companies will move from here to the main board.
“We are far behind in the economy,” he said. The goal we had at the time of independence was not fulfilled. We need to speed up. If we look at Vietnam 15 years ago, we can understand where we are. We are in this situation because of some wicked people.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction