Rule rejected, there is no obstacle to election of FBCCI
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-02 10:40:18 || Updated: 2021-05-02 10:40:18
In the Corona situation, the High Court has rejected the rule issued by the Federation of Bangladesh Industries and Merchants Association (FBCCI) to stop the election process. As a result, there is no obstacle to keep the FBCCI election process going even in lockdown, the lawyers said.
On Sunday (May 2), Justice M. The High Court bench of Enayetur Rahim and Justice Sardar Rashed Jahangir dismissed the rule.
Advocate Shah Manjurul Haque and Barrister Imtiaz Moinul Islam appeared for the FBCCI Election Board in the court. Advocate Khurshid Alam Khan and Barrister HM Sanjid Siddiqui represented the writ petition.
Later, Barrister Imtiaz Moinul Islam said, “I have applied to the FBCCI Election Board and the FBCCI President to withdraw the rule issued to stop the election process.” The court dismissed the rule on the hearing. Now there is no obstacle for the FBCCI to continue the selection process.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers