Record 2.06 billion dollars remittance received in April
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-02 15:05:37 || Updated: 2021-05-02 15:05:37
The country has also seen a record number of foreign currencies in the wake of the ongoing global epidemic coronavirus. Remittance fighters in different countries of the world sent remittances of 206.7 million (2.06 billion)dollars in April. Which is 89.11 percent more than in April last year. In April last year, remittances came to 109 crore 29 lakh 60 thousand dollars.
Never before in the history of the country has there been such a huge increase in remittance flow in a single month. In March of the current financial year, remittances to the country came to 191 crore 95 lakh dollars. In February, remittances received 178 crore dollars.
In this regard, the executive director and spokesman of Bangladesh Bank. Sirajul Islam said expatriates send more and more remittances before Eid. This time too he did not deviate. Expatriates are sending remittances to the country so that their relatives can celebrate Eid in comfort, and the reserve is increasing based on their remittances.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers