Even in corona, reserves could be increased 45 billion dollars
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-29 10:27:19 || Updated: 2021-04-29 10:27:19
The whole world has been plagued by the deadly coronavirus for more than a year. The economy has been in recession. But even in this epidemic, Bangladesh’s reserves have been setting one record after another, which is unforgettable. And this is possible because of the remittances sent by the expatriates. The expatriates are sending hundreds of crores of rupees in remittances to the country.
Relying on remittances sent by expatriates, Bangladesh’s foreign exchange reserves are going to cross the 45 billion dollars milestone even during the epidemic, which is Tk 4,500 crore in Bangladeshi currency. The increase in reserves is also contributed by the trend of export earnings and increase in foreign loan assistance.
At the end of the working day on Wednesday, the reserve amount of Bangladesh Bank stood at 44.85 billion dollars. Which has reached new heights by breaking all records of the past.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers