Central bank extended time again to repay the loan
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-21 10:31:06 || Updated: 2021-04-21 10:31:06
The central bank has extended time the loan repayment period for customers of non-bank financial institutions by three months. The customer will be able to repay the loan installment till March this year till June. Debts cannot be defaulted at this time as well as penalty interest and additional fees, charges or commissions cannot be recovered.
On Tuesday (April 20), the Financial Institutions Division of Bangladesh Bank issued a circular on ‘Loans, Leases, Advance Classification’.
It said the debt classification of financial institutions had already been relaxed in view of the negative impact of the epidemic coronavirus. New decisions have been made about customers who will have difficulty repaying loan installments due to any reason arising from Kovid.
According to the new guidelines, customers will be able to repay the loan in March 2021 till June. At this time, the loan cannot be classified as defaulted, as well as penalty interest and additional fees, charges or commissions cannot be collected.
The directive was issued under the powers conferred by section 16 (g) of the Financial Institutions Act, 1993, which will come into effect soon, the central bank said in a circular.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- `Bank and financial institutions cannot pay in special funds’
- Meghna Life Insurance at the top of raising prices
- Sonar Bangla Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BFIU summoned bank accounts of journalist leaders
- Dhaka Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- SBAC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report