Farmers fall trouble for labor crisis in lockdown
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-19 12:00:33 || Updated: 2021-04-19 12:00:33
Rice harvesting season is now in Kaliganj of Gazipur. The smell of ripe golden paddy is all over the fields of all the crops of the upazila. After working tirelessly for 5 months, the farmers are now worried about whether they will be able to bring that paddy home. Farmers’ golden paddy is falling in the field due to lack of adequate labor.
Kovid-19 is infected all over the country. Infections are increasing every day, as well as the number of deaths. The government has brought the whole country under lockdown to prevent the infection. Public transport is closed due to severe lockdown. And so no rice harvesting workers from North Bengal can come to this region. As a result, the farmers are in trouble.
Belai, Bhatira Beel and surrounding paddy lands of the upazila can be seen. Although it is suitable for harvesting, it is still swaying in the field. The amount of damage caused by hot winds and storms a few days ago was relatively low. But if the paddy is not harvested at the moment, the farmers are fearing that it will be submerged in storms and tidal waters.
Local farmer Miraj (40) said that even last year, the workers could not come at this time due to the lockdown. As a result, about ten thousand rupees per bigha has to be counted for harvesting paddy. The farmers of the area have cut the paddy of each other in groups. This time too, the paddy has to be cut in the same way, if it is late, the paddy will fall to the ground with a slight storm. Due to this fear, he is not able to bring the straw of the paddy plant while cutting the paddy in a hurry. As a result, we have to worry about the food of cattle.
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Prime Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Islami Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reliance Insurance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Paramount Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Islami Insurance declares dividend
- First Security Islami Bank declares dividend
- Premier Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- BD services disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Premier Cement disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Evince Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Don’t put dear ones’ lives in risk: PM warns homegoers
- Apex Sppining disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Hajj to be held this year with ‘special conditions’
- Delta Brac disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Square Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- City Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- BD Thai disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money