Farmers fall trouble for labor crisis in lockdown
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-19 12:00:33 || Updated: 2021-04-19 12:00:33
Rice harvesting season is now in Kaliganj of Gazipur. The smell of ripe golden paddy is all over the fields of all the crops of the upazila. After working tirelessly for 5 months, the farmers are now worried about whether they will be able to bring that paddy home. Farmers’ golden paddy is falling in the field due to lack of adequate labor.
Kovid-19 is infected all over the country. Infections are increasing every day, as well as the number of deaths. The government has brought the whole country under lockdown to prevent the infection. Public transport is closed due to severe lockdown. And so no rice harvesting workers from North Bengal can come to this region. As a result, the farmers are in trouble.
Belai, Bhatira Beel and surrounding paddy lands of the upazila can be seen. Although it is suitable for harvesting, it is still swaying in the field. The amount of damage caused by hot winds and storms a few days ago was relatively low. But if the paddy is not harvested at the moment, the farmers are fearing that it will be submerged in storms and tidal waters.
Local farmer Miraj (40) said that even last year, the workers could not come at this time due to the lockdown. As a result, about ten thousand rupees per bigha has to be counted for harvesting paddy. The farmers of the area have cut the paddy of each other in groups. This time too, the paddy has to be cut in the same way, if it is late, the paddy will fall to the ground with a slight storm. Due to this fear, he is not able to bring the straw of the paddy plant while cutting the paddy in a hurry. As a result, we have to worry about the food of cattle.
- Islamic Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- National Life Insurance declares dividend
- DBH disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sandhani Life Insurance declares dividend
- Reliance Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- 237 in 24 hours, the total death toll reached 20,000
- Jamuna Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BD Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Dutch Bangla Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- First security Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tensions in Tunisia after president suspends parliament
- NRBC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Govt decides to establish 3 more new upazilas
- China accuses U.S. of creating ‘imaginary enemy’ in high-level talks
- Eastern Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Macron ‘pushes for Israeli inquiry’ into NSO spyware concerns
- Marico declares Interim Dividend
- IPDC Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tk 427cr project for expatriate workers’ employments okayed
- Tk 87 crore additional revenue collected in Hili
- 50 crore losses in 4 months in tourism industry
- Benapoles revenue target of Tk 6,245 crore
- Import-export started at Benapole port
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train