Incentive of Tk 42 crore for victims of hitshok
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-18 13:20:34 || Updated: 2021-04-18 13:20:34
The government has already taken various steps including an incentive package of Tk 42 crore and assistance program to help the farmers affected by hitshok across the country, said the Agriculture Minister. Md. Abdur Razzak. At the same time, he said, the government is focusing on developing high-yielding rice varieties that are tolerant of high temperatures and resistant to diseases and insects so that farmers do not have to face such disasters in the future.
He said this while inspecting the research field of Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRI) at Gazipur on Sunday (April 18). The Minister of Agriculture visited Brie’s research field quite casually.
He recently observed the progress of research on high temperature tolerant rice varieties and research developed by Brie in the face of high temperature or hitshok of rice across the country.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers