20,000 workers leaving to cut paddy
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-17 14:11:30 || Updated: 2021-04-17 14:11:30
Like last season, about 20,000 workers are leaving the area to harvest paddy with a certificate from the Bagha Upazila Agriculture Officer of Rajshahi. Since this week, workers have started going out of the area to cut paddy.
According to the relevant sources, a group of 15-20 people was formed last season. Thus, last year about 22,000 workers went out to cut paddy. This season too, 20,000 workers have started leaving the area to go to harvest paddy in phases.
According to the Upazila Agriculture Office, 6,000 workers have already applied and received certificates. These workers are going to different upazilas of Natore, Naogaon, Joypurhat, Pabna, Sirajganj and Bogra districts to cut paddy. The workers are riding in different vehicles including Bhatbhati to their respective workplaces.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers