Chittagong port is 100% operational despite strict restrictions
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-14 10:40:35 || Updated: 2021-04-14 10:40:35
The port of Chittagong, which controls 92 per cent of the country’s import-export trade, is still in operation despite strict restrictions announced by the government since Wednesday (April 14th). Besides, Chittagong Custom House, Bank and other financial institutions related to the port are open for duty collection.
Chittagong Port Authority Secretary. Omar Farooq said that the activities of the port are completely normal due to strict restrictions. Everyone is present in their workplace for operational work. The container is moving. However, shifting system has been introduced only for those who work in the port office. We have made all the preparations in advance to keep the port operational despite the restrictions.
Earlier on Monday, the port authorities issued a notification with 21 types of instructions. It said the directive would be in force from 6 am on April 14 to midnight on April 21.
It is learned that an average of about 7,000 containers are handled in the port every day. And the revenue collection is thousands of crores of rupees daily. At the beginning of the Corona infection last year, several officers and employees were infected with Corona. Due to which the activities of the port were somewhat ebb. In addition, last year’s transport and operational work was somewhat disrupted due to low corona readiness.
However, preparations have been made in advance to keep this port running, which has contributed to the country’s economy despite strict restrictions.
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Prime Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Islami Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reliance Insurance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Paramount Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Islami Insurance declares dividend
- First Security Islami Bank declares dividend
- Premier Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- BD services disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Premier Cement disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Hajj to be held this year with ‘special conditions’
- Evince Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Don’t put dear ones’ lives in risk: PM warns homegoers
- Apex Sppining disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Delta Brac disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Square Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- City Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- BD Thai disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money