Chittagong port is 100% operational despite strict restrictions
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-14 10:40:35 || Updated: 2021-04-14 10:40:35
The port of Chittagong, which controls 92 per cent of the country’s import-export trade, is still in operation despite strict restrictions announced by the government since Wednesday (April 14th). Besides, Chittagong Custom House, Bank and other financial institutions related to the port are open for duty collection.
Chittagong Port Authority Secretary. Omar Farooq said that the activities of the port are completely normal due to strict restrictions. Everyone is present in their workplace for operational work. The container is moving. However, shifting system has been introduced only for those who work in the port office. We have made all the preparations in advance to keep the port operational despite the restrictions.
Earlier on Monday, the port authorities issued a notification with 21 types of instructions. It said the directive would be in force from 6 am on April 14 to midnight on April 21.
It is learned that an average of about 7,000 containers are handled in the port every day. And the revenue collection is thousands of crores of rupees daily. At the beginning of the Corona infection last year, several officers and employees were infected with Corona. Due to which the activities of the port were somewhat ebb. In addition, last year’s transport and operational work was somewhat disrupted due to low corona readiness.
However, preparations have been made in advance to keep this port running, which has contributed to the country’s economy despite strict restrictions.
- Islamic Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- National Life Insurance declares dividend
- DBH disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sandhani Life Insurance declares dividend
- Reliance Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- 237 in 24 hours, the total death toll reached 20,000
- Jamuna Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BD Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Dutch Bangla Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- First security Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tensions in Tunisia after president suspends parliament
- NRBC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Govt decides to establish 3 more new upazilas
- China accuses U.S. of creating ‘imaginary enemy’ in high-level talks
- Eastern Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Macron ‘pushes for Israeli inquiry’ into NSO spyware concerns
- Marico declares Interim Dividend
- IPDC Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tk 427cr project for expatriate workers’ employments okayed
- Tk 87 crore additional revenue collected in Hili
- 50 crore losses in 4 months in tourism industry
- Benapoles revenue target of Tk 6,245 crore
- Import-export started at Benapole port
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train