Transaction in capital market till 12:30
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-13 13:39:24 || Updated: 2021-04-13 13:39:24
Trading in the capital market will continue even in strict lockdown. The transaction will take place from 10 am to 12:30 pm. BSEC commissioner Prof Dr confirmed the matter to Sunbd. Shamsuddin Ahmed.
In this regard, BSEC Executive Director and Spokesperson Mohammad Rezaul Karim told SunBD, “We have already said that if the bank is open, the capital market will be open.” As per the government announcement, Bangladesh Bank has decided to stop the normal activities of the bank. In the light of this, we have also decided to close the capital market. Capital market activities will start as soon as banking activities start.
Earlier, the central bank also decided to open a bank in lockdown. The branch will be open from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm every day except public holidays. Up to three branches can be kept open to run the bank’s own activities. Earlier, a letter signed by Rezaul Islam, Deputy Secretary, Field Administration Branch, Cabinet Division, requested Bangladesh Bank to take a decision on keeping the bank open.
The directive issued by Bangladesh Bank yesterday informed the decision to close all the banks in the country except the foreign transaction branches across the country. After the order issued by the Bangladesh Bank yesterday, the whole country started fighting over this. Due to the fact that the capital market will be closed when the bank closes, there is a lot of stagnation in the capital market as well. Various discussions and criticisms are going on through social media. Although there is no precedent in any country in the world to close the bank in lockdown, the decision of the central bank of Bangladesh continues to grow.
The government has issued a notification of severe lockdown from April 14 to 21 to stop the second wave of corona. However, General Banking was closed at the time, but AD branches operating in foreign trade and naval, land and airport areas would remain open.
Sirajul Islam, Executive Director and Spokesperson of Bangladesh Bank, said, Besides, activities will be going on in the IT departments of the central branch to manage the activities of the concerned branch. Earlier, the government had issued a notification imposing all-out restrictions on the second wave of corona.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction