Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-13 15:41:32 || Updated: 2021-04-13 15:41:32
All kinds of activities of the bank will continue even in strict lockdown. The decision was taken at an emergency meeting of Bangladesh Bank on Tuesday.
Bangladesh Bank General Manager. Anwarul Islam said in a directive in this regard, the daily banking schedule has been fixed from 10 am to 1 am except weekly and public holidays till further orders.
Earlier, a letter signed by Rezaul Islam, Deputy Secretary, Field Administration Branch, Cabinet Division, requested Bangladesh Bank to take a decision on keeping the bank open.
The directive issued by Bangladesh Bank yesterday informed the decision to close all the banks in the country except the foreign transaction branches across the country. After the order issued by the Bangladesh Bank yesterday, the whole country started fighting over this. Due to the fact that the capital market will be closed when the bank closes, there is a lot of stagnation in the capital market as well. Various discussions and criticisms are going on through social media. Although there is no precedent in any country in the world to close the bank in lockdown, the decision of the central bank of Bangladesh continues to grow.
The government has issued a notification of severe lockdown from April 14 to 21 to stop the second wave of corona. However, General Banking was closed at the time, but AD branches operating in foreign trade and naval, land and airport areas would remain open.
Sirajul Islam, Executive Director and Spokesperson of Bangladesh Bank, said, Besides, activities will be going on in the IT departments of the central branch to manage the activities of the concerned branch. Earlier, the government had issued a notification imposing all-out restrictions on the second wave of corona.
The circular specifies the specific ban on movement from 14 to 21 April, what can be done in these few days, what can be done with special discounts. It says there is no way out of the house unless absolutely necessary. State Minister for Public Administration Farhad Hossain said it was important to keep people at home at the rate at which corona infections were on the rise. As it is not possible to keep everything open, even if everything is closed, life will be disrupted. That is why the need has been focused. It has been instructed not to leave the house in any way except at urgent need.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- `Bank and financial institutions cannot pay in special funds’
- Meghna Life Insurance at the top of raising prices
- Sonar Bangla Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BFIU summoned bank accounts of journalist leaders
- Dhaka Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- SBAC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report