Capital market in big fall
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-11 11:30:49 || Updated: 2021-04-11 11:36:10
The country’s capital market traded heavily fall on Sunday, the first working day of the week. Shares of almost all sectors – banks, insurance, pharmaceuticals and chemicals and finance – fell. As a result, the index of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE), the main capital market of the country, has decreased by 90 points.
The index of Chittagong Stock Exchange, another capital market of the country, has decreased by 224 points. Besides, most of the share prices and transactions have decreased. The stock market index fell 82 points on Thursday (April 8). Decreased 213 points in CSE.
Market insiders say the government has been imposing a tough lockdown since April 14 to prevent coronary heart disease. As well as protecting the interests of investors and the development of the capital market, the floor price of the 66 company has been withdrawn, these two issues have caused a big drop in the market.
On this day, the main index of DSE stood at 5,164 points, down 90.7 points from the previous day. Among the other two indices, the DS-30 index fell 37 points and the DSES Shariah index fell 20 points.
456 crore 55 lakh 3 thousand taka have been traded on DSE. The previous day’s transaction was 472 crore 81 lakh 96 thousand rupees. Of the companies traded, 24 rose, 264 declined and 52 remained unchanged.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction