Passenger trains will close at lockdown
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-03 12:15:06 || Updated: 2021-04-03 12:15:06
The Ministry of Railways has decided to stop the movement of passenger trains during the lockdown. However, freight trains will run.
Railway Minister Nurul Islam Sujon confirmed the matter on Saturday (April 3) afternoon.
He said passenger trains, like other modes of transport, would be closed at the lockdown. However, emergency freight trains will run. A notification in this regard will be issued by the Ministry of Public Administration in the evening.
Earlier in the day, Awami League General Secretary and Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader said the government had decided to lock down the country for a week from Monday in the current situation in Corona.
However, the Ministry of Public Administration will give details in this regard by this evening. He also said that the industrial factories may continue to operate conditionally.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers