Saudi cuts April crude for some Asian refiners: Report
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-12 15:51:51 || Updated: 2021-03-12 15:51:51
Top oil exporter Saudi Arabia has cut the supply of April-loading crude to at least four north Asian buyers by up to 15%, while meeting the normal monthly requirements of refiners in India, refinery sources told Reuters on Friday.
Saudi Arabia’s reduction in supplies come as the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec) and its allies, a group known as Opec+, decided earlier this month to extend most of its supply cuts into April.
Saudi Arabia has pledged to continue with an extra 1 million barrels per day voluntary output cut for a third month in April.
Chinese refiners received a small cut in their Saudi supply, while the reduction in volumes for Japanese buyers was between 10% and 15%, the sources said.
Saudi Aramco is also commissioning its 400,000-bpd Jizan refinery in the south west of the country which may have reduced its exports, one of the sources said.
For India, Saudi Aramco has rejected Indian refiners’ requests for extra supplies in April, but will keep average monthly supplies to the country unchanged, three Indian refining sources said.
Saudi Aramco did not immediately respond to a request seeking comment.
India, the world’s third biggest oil importer and consumer, had repeatedly called on major oil producers to ease supply curbs and had pointed to Saudi Arabia’s voluntary cuts for contributing to a spike in global oil prices.
Saudi Aramco did not cut supplies for some Asian buyers in March, but reduced volumes by up to a quarter in February.
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Prime Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Islami Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reliance Insurance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Paramount Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Islami Insurance declares dividend
- First Security Islami Bank declares dividend
- Premier Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- BD services disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Premier Cement disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Don’t put dear ones’ lives in risk: PM warns homegoers
- Apex Sppining disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Hajj to be held this year with ‘special conditions’
- Evince Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose third Quarter earnings report
- National Housing disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Square Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Delta Brac disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money