For renovation of public university halls Tk 50 crore allocated
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-02 10:51:51 || Updated: 2021-03-02 10:55:55
The residential halls of the public universities of the country have been closed for the last one year due to the epidemic. The university will reopen on May 24 following the government directives. The residential hall will be opened on May 17.
The government has decided to distribute Tk 50 crore to the universities in preparation for the reopening of the halls after a long period of closure. It is learned that money has already been released from the finance ministry.
Allocated through the University Grants Commission (UGC), this means ensuring the health protection of students and renovating residential areas.
Secretary of the Department of Secondary and Higher Education. Mahbub Hossain told the media that the halls of the university have been closed for a long time and they need to be renovated.
He said it was important to ensure the health protection of students. UGC has been directed to allocate Tk 50 crore for this. Universities that have residential halls will get this money.
- Janata Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- United Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Crystal Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Bank Asia disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Eastern Inurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- City General Inurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tanker attack: UK and US blame Iran for deadly ship attack
- Another 200 metric tons of oxygen came to Benapole
- Aug 15 plot perpetrators will be unmasked: PM
- Malaysian youths demand PM quit as pandemic worsens
- Islami Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Israel pushes for UN action against Iran over deadly ship attack
- Protests, accusations against Myanmar junta ahead of coup anniversary
- Import-export started at Banglabandha land port
- World Bank praised Bangladesh’s progress despite corona epidemic
- Month of mourning begins
- Biman suspended flights on 7 international routes
- Agrani Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Khadija elected new Campus Director of Nobiprabi Hult Prize
- Online exams at JU continues during lockdown
- A Notice published for recruitment of 54 thousand teachers
- Stranded Suez container ship reported freed
- Minister of Education instructed students to leave the hall
- Tensions mount at JU, demo continues defying authorities’ order
- HSC results will publish on Saturday
- Classes to resume on a limited scale: Dipu Moni