57 lakh farmers got Tk 372 crore incentives
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-02-23 09:08:05 || Updated: 2021-02-23 09:08:05
So far in the current fiscal year 2020-21, the Ministry of Agriculture has given an incentive of Tk 372 crore to about 57 lakh farmers. The total amount of land under this incentive program is 23 lakh 64 thousand bighas.
This information has been informed in a press release sent from the Ministry of Agriculture on Monday.
The incentives were given to combat epidemic corona and flood damage and increase production. The incentives include various agricultural inputs including seeds, saplings, fertilizers and ancillary assistance.
This incentive has been distributed from the regular budget of the Ministry of Agriculture for the allocation of agricultural rehabilitation assistance sector.
Out of Tk 372 crore, incentives of Tk 112 crore have been given to compensate for the damage caused by Corona and floods. Incentives of Rs 90 crore have been given to increase the production of masakalai, mug, sunflower, mustard, maize etc. in Rabi season. In addition, Tk 136 crore has been distributed for free seed support to increase the planting and production of boro paddy, Tk 25 crore for increasing onion production and Tk 9 crore for hybrid boro paddy cultivation in 61 districts.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money