Bangladesh among the top three countries of expatriate income
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-02-22 11:16:59 || Updated: 2021-02-22 11:16:59
Bangladesh is among the top three countries in expatriate income in 2020 during the Corona period. The report was released by Britain’s Economist Intelligence Unit. The company has forecast that remittances will decrease by 7 percent in 2021. The other two countries that record expatriate income are Mexico and Pakistan.
The entire economy was devastated by the epidemic in 2020. International communication was closed. Expatriate income in different countries was declining. But the picture of Bangladesh is different. According to the report of the British research organization Economist Intelligence, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Mexico have set a record in expatriate income in 2020.
According to the report, remittances to Bangladesh in 2020 reached 1.98 billion dollars. Where in 2019 remittances came to 1.84 billion dollars. Last year, Mexico’s remittances reached 4.5 billion dollars. Pakistan’s remittances came to 2.4 billion dollars. Bangladesh is in the third position in this list.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money