Although import of rice increased in Hili price not decreasing
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-02-18 10:22:20 || Updated: 2021-02-18 10:22:20
Although the amount of rice import through Hili land port of Dinajpur has increased a little more than before, the price is not decreasing, but the rice market has become unstable by increasing every day. The price of all types of rice has gone up by Rs 2-3 per kg in a few days. Low-income working people are in trouble.
Recently, the government allowed various importers to import seven lakh tonnes of rice to alleviate the rice crisis in the country. Import duty was also reduced from 62.5 to 15 percent. As a result, after a year and a half, the import of rice through the port started on January 9 and the price also started falling.
However, recently the price of rice has been increased by Rs 2-3 per kg on various pretexts. At present, the wholesale price of Swarna rice has increased from Rs 40 to Rs 42, Atash rice from Rs 44 to Rs 47 and Shampa from Rs 54 to Rs 55; In retail, which is being sold at an additional price of 1-2 rupees.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money