Final approval of Tk 1271 crore to buy three crore doses
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-01-21 14:14:57 || Updated: 2021-01-21 14:14:57
The Cabinet Committee on Public Procurement has given final approval to purchase three crore doses of corona vaccine at a cost of Tk 1,271 crore through direct purchase from India to prevent the spread of the corona epidemic.
The purchase proposals were approved in a virtual meeting on Thursday (January 21). The meeting was chaired by Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal and was attended by members of the committee, senior secretaries of the cabinet departments, secretaries of the concerned ministries and senior officials.
At the time, the finance minister said, “Under the Department of Health Services, the Covid-19 vaccine (Oxford-AstraZeneca, SARS-Cov-2 AZD 1222) has been approved to be purchased directly from the Serum Institute of India for emergency use.” It will cost 1 thousand 271 crore 55 lakh.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money