Preparation for commercial production of Dhakai muslin
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-01-12 13:28:20 || Updated: 2021-01-12 13:28:20
About two hundred years ago, the world was ruled by the fine cotton cloth ‘Dhakai Muslin’. However, due to various reasons, this product, which is a geographical indicator of Bangladesh, disappeared from the scene about 160 years ago.
The news of new hope is that the traditional muslin has returned to Bengal under the leadership of Rajshahi University (RU) teachers. They have been able to weave ‘muslin’ after a long six-year effort.
The government is preparing for the commercial production of this traditional muslin of the country. This was stated by Textile and Jute Minister Golam Dastagir Gazi.
“At first I was a little skeptical that the yarn was so fine that cotton could not be found at the beginning,” the minister said at a meeting to review the progress of the study titled ‘Muslin Technology Recovery Project’ on Monday. But the researchers told me, we can do it. They have been really successful in the end. Hopefully, I will be able to fulfill his dream by handing over muslin to the Prime Minister as a gift for the year of Mujib.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money