Islami Bank’s deposits increased Tk 23,000 crore
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-01-10 10:52:53 || Updated: 2021-01-10 10:52:53
As of December 31, 2020, the amount of deposits of Islami Bank stood at Tk 118,000 crore, which is Tk 23,000 crore more than last year. During the same period, the amount of general investment stood at one lakh one thousand crore rupees and the number of customers increased to one crore 59 lakh.
The information was given at the inaugural function of a two-day business development conference of Islami Bank at Hotel Sonargaon in the capital on Saturday. The conference was inaugurated by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bank, Prof. Nazmul Hasan. Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank Muhammad Munirul Maula presided over the function.
It was informed at the conference that in 2020, Islami Bank has raised import-export trade and remittances to the tune of Tk 41,905 crore, Tk 22,497 crore and Tk 48,627 crore respectively. In 2020, the bank has collected the most remittances in its history. Islami Bank’s growth in remittance collection is about 60 percent.
Vice Chairman of the Bank was present as a special guest at the conference. Sahabuddin Chuppu, Chairman of the Executive Committee, Prof. Md. Selim Uddin, Chairman of the Audit Committee Mohammad Solaiman and other senior officials of the organization.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Prime Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Islami Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reliance Insurance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Islami Insurance declares dividend
- First Security Islami Bank declares dividend
- Uttara Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Exim Bank declares dividend
- Takaful Insurance declares dividend