country’s economy is dependent on agriculture: Minister of Agriculture
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-01-09 10:10:37 || Updated: 2021-01-09 10:10:37
Agriculture Minister. Md. Abdur Razzak said the country’s economy is dependent on agriculture and the current agri-friendly government is giving special importance to enrich agriculture.
He said 70 per cent subsidy for modernization and mechanization is being given to farmers for power tillers and rice threshing machines. These programs are being conducted in a special project worth Tk 3,000 crore to take the agricultural sector forward. In that project, CIG (Common Interest Group) farmers are getting modern agricultural machinery for only 30 percent.
Farmers are benefiting from the use of this machine for growing and threshing crops. The country is moving forward in agriculture. He made the remarks while addressing a video conference as the chief guest at a meeting of agricultural machinery distribution program among farmers at Dhanbari in Tangail on Friday afternoon. Upazila Nirbahi Officer Sheikh Shamsul Arefin presided over the distribution of agricultural implements at the Upazila Parishad auditorium.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money