Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-11-19 15:17:04 || Updated: 2020-11-19 15:17:33
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said the construction of the 6.15-kilometre Padma Bridge is progressing fast as around 91 per cent work of the main structure of the bridge has been completed, reports BSS.
“Thirty seven spans out of total 41 of the Padma multipurpose bridge have already been installed making the 5.55 kilometer of the bridge visible,” he said after unveiling the annual report for 2019-20 fiscal of the Bridges Division.
The minister unveiled the report at the 109th board meeting of Bangladesh Bridge Authority joining it though a videoconferencing.
He said if the current of river remains at the expected level, it will be possible to install the rest of four spans by mid-December.
The minister said the progress of river treatment is now around 75 percent while the overall progress of the project 82 percent.
Quader said a 2.50-kilometer tube ring of the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Tunnel (Karnaphuli river tunnel) has been installed while boring work of second tunnel tube will begin by second week of December.
The physical progress of the project is now around 60 percent.
Bridge Division Secretary Mohammad Belayet Hossain, other board members and senior officials of the Bridge Division joined the meeting through videoconferencing.
- Walton TV records 10 times higher export in 2020 amidst pandemic
- Australia to kill US pigeon that crossed Pacific
- Turkey wants to invest in Chittagong port
- Padma Bank Securities allowed to open a branch in Canada
- Exports of Walton TV increased 10 percent despite Corona
- Barsa reached super cup final lost to sociedad
- Crown prince: $6 trillion of investment opportunities available in Saudi Arabia over next decade
- Incentives of Tk 10,000 crore coming for small entrepreneurs
- 75% social security allowance will be distributed by ‘nagad’
- Price of precious metal gold is on decline
- Serum Institute to sell AstraZeneca vaccine to Bangladesh at $4/dose
- Tarek of Dhaka College receives ‘President’s Rover Scouts Award’
- Israeli air raids in Syria dozens killed
- BIA issues guidelines for compliance with motor insurance
- Anisur Rahman Appointed Chairman of Padma Oil
- The price of gold less tk 1983 per fill
- Margin loan interest will be maximum 12%
- 53 trillion dollars debt for the production of plastic products
- SSN allowances being sent to beneficiaries’ mobile wallets: PM
- Journalist Mizanur Rahman Khan is no more
- AL’s long stay in power helped accelerate dev: PM Hasina
- Thousands of billionaires are out of tax: IGP
- Crab’s new president Mizan Malik secretary Alauddin Arif
- PM for fulfilling Bangabandhu’s dream with united efforts
- Freedom ends when someone spreads falsehoods, hurt others: Joy
- Bangladesh will get vaccine in proper time: Information minister