Police arrested JKG’s Dr Sabrina
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-07-12 14:54:18 || Updated: 2020-07-12 14:54:18
JKG Health Care Chairman Dr Sabrina Arif Chowdhury have arrested by Police over issuing fake COVID-19 certificates.
She was taken to DMP’s Tejgaon division office for questioning around 1:15pm on Sunday, the division DC Harun-Ur-Rashid told.
In grilling, she did not give any satisfactory answers over the fraud and that’s why she was shown arrested in a case lodged with Tejgaon Police Station for issuing fake COVID-19 certificates by JKG.
Sabrina’s husband and JKG chief executive officer Ariful Haque Chowdhury and a few others are also accused in the case.
DC Harun said she would be produced before court on Monday seeking remand against her.
The voluntary organization has recently taken government approval to collect sample for coronavirus tests at free of costs but it allegedly took fee up to Tk 5000 per sample test.
Besides, it has been issuing COVID-19 certiicates without conducting test.
Police came to know that JKG Health Care, a non-profit organization, issued 27,000 COVID-19 reports. Out of those, the facility made tested 11,540 samples through ICDCR, and prepared reports of rest 15,460 samples in its Laptop which evidences were found in seized Laptop.
Sabrina is a doctor at National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases. Though she claimed she is COVID-19 affairs consultant of JKG, not chairman but police enquiry suggested she is the chairman of the establishment, DC Harun also said.Report:jagonews
- Walton TV records 10 times higher export in 2020 amidst pandemic
- Australia to kill US pigeon that crossed Pacific
- Turkey wants to invest in Chittagong port
- Padma Bank Securities allowed to open a branch in Canada
- Exports of Walton TV increased 10 percent despite Corona
- Barsa reached super cup final lost to sociedad
- Crown prince: $6 trillion of investment opportunities available in Saudi Arabia over next decade
- Incentives of Tk 10,000 crore coming for small entrepreneurs
- 75% social security allowance will be distributed by ‘nagad’
- Price of precious metal gold is on decline
- Serum Institute to sell AstraZeneca vaccine to Bangladesh at $4/dose
- Tarek of Dhaka College receives ‘President’s Rover Scouts Award’
- BIA issues guidelines for compliance with motor insurance
- Anisur Rahman Appointed Chairman of Padma Oil
- Israeli air raids in Syria dozens killed
- The price of gold less tk 1983 per fill
- 53 trillion dollars debt for the production of plastic products
- Margin loan interest will be maximum 12%
- SSN allowances being sent to beneficiaries’ mobile wallets: PM
- Journalist Mizanur Rahman Khan is no more
- AL’s long stay in power helped accelerate dev: PM Hasina
- Thousands of billionaires are out of tax: IGP
- Crab’s new president Mizan Malik secretary Alauddin Arif
- PM for fulfilling Bangabandhu’s dream with united efforts
- Freedom ends when someone spreads falsehoods, hurt others: Joy
- Bangladesh will get vaccine in proper time: Information minister