Bangladesh Coronavirus death toll reaches 2,300
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-07-11 11:13:00 || Updated: 2020-07-11 11:13:00
Bangladesh on saturday Thirty more people died from coronavirus in in the last 24 hours, raising the death toll to 2,305.
Besides, the confirmed coronavirus cases in the country reached 181,129 as 2,686 more cases were detected in the last 24 hours.
Professor Dr Nasima Sultana, Additional Director General of Health Directorate, said this while presenting the daily health bulletin on Saturday.
In the last 24 hours, 11,193 samples were examined and out of them 2,686 got positive results for the virus. Apart from, 1,628 more recovered from the virus, taking the total recoveries to 88,034.
Bangladesh reported its first three cases of COVID-19 on March 8.
The new coronavirus pandemic first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December last year. The World Health Organisation declared the coronavirus crisis a pandemic on March 11.
The deadly virus spread to 213 countries and territories, killing some 563,173 people globally, according to Worldometer, a website which compiles number of new coronavirus cases and deaths from it.
As many as 12,642,686 people worldwide caught the virus. Among them, 7,379,411 people recovered from the virus, the website said.
- Walton TV records 10 times higher export in 2020 amidst pandemic
- Australia to kill US pigeon that crossed Pacific
- Turkey wants to invest in Chittagong port
- Padma Bank Securities allowed to open a branch in Canada
- Exports of Walton TV increased 10 percent despite Corona
- Barsa reached super cup final lost to sociedad
- Crown prince: $6 trillion of investment opportunities available in Saudi Arabia over next decade
- Incentives of Tk 10,000 crore coming for small entrepreneurs
- 75% social security allowance will be distributed by ‘nagad’
- Price of precious metal gold is on decline
- Serum Institute to sell AstraZeneca vaccine to Bangladesh at $4/dose
- Tarek of Dhaka College receives ‘President’s Rover Scouts Award’
- BIA issues guidelines for compliance with motor insurance
- Anisur Rahman Appointed Chairman of Padma Oil
- Israeli air raids in Syria dozens killed
- The price of gold less tk 1983 per fill
- 53 trillion dollars debt for the production of plastic products
- Margin loan interest will be maximum 12%
- SSN allowances being sent to beneficiaries’ mobile wallets: PM
- Journalist Mizanur Rahman Khan is no more
- AL’s long stay in power helped accelerate dev: PM Hasina
- Thousands of billionaires are out of tax: IGP
- Crab’s new president Mizan Malik secretary Alauddin Arif
- PM for fulfilling Bangabandhu’s dream with united efforts
- Freedom ends when someone spreads falsehoods, hurt others: Joy
- Bangladesh will get vaccine in proper time: Information minister