Mercantile Bank Launches Islamic Banking services
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-06-29 10:41:23 || Updated: 2020-06-29 10:41:23
Mercantile Bank Limited has launched Shariah complied Islamic Banking service named ‘TAQWA’. Morshed Alam MP, chairman of the bank has inaugurated this service today (29th June, 2020) in a virtual ceremony. Initially Mercantile Bank will offer this special service through Islamic Banking Window in its country wide 10 branches besides their regular conventional banking. The Chairman expressed that by fulfilling the special client demand Islamic Banking facility parallel to the conventional banking will ensure all types of client services.
The Islamic Banking service commencing branches are Main Branch, Dhanmondi Branch & Uttara Branch in Dhaka; Agrabad Branch in Chattogram; Barishal Branch; Feni Branch; Chowmuhani Branch and Banglabazar Branch in Noakhali; Faridganj Branch in Chandpur and Damudya Branch in Shariatpur.
Al-Haj Akram Hossain (Humayun), Vice Chairman, Md. Anwarul Haque, Chairman, Executive Committee; Dr. Md. Rahmat Ullah, Chairman, Audit Committee; A.K.M. Shaheed Reza, Chairman, Mercantile Bank Foundation; A. S. M. Feroz Alam, M. Amanullah, Al-Haj Mosharref Hossain and M A Khan Belal, Directors were connected to the virtual inaugural ceremony. Md. Quamrul Islam Chowdhury, Managing Director & CEO delivered his welcome speech. Md. Zakir Hossain, DMD & DCBO of the bank anchored the ceremony while Mati Ul Hasan, AMD & CRO, DMDs and senior executives of the bank along with the Head of Islamic Banking Division Syed Murtaza Hasan were also connected.
A dua Munajat has been performed for the departed soul of recently passed Sponsor Director and Vice Chairman of the Bank Mohd. Selim. The ceremony was live on the Official Facebook page of Mercantile Bank Limited.
- Accelerate Energes milestone in ship LNG transfer
- Israel’s obstruction of prayers in Al-Aqsa
- IRF new President Maula Secretary Sumon
- Jetro expects large Japanese investment in Bangladesh
- Record 77 new deaths from coronavirus, identified 5334
- If bank is open, capital market will also be open
- Share price of 66 companes can be reduced maximum 2%
- WHO chief criticises ‘shocking’ vaccine divide
- China’s population seen growing older in economic danger sign
- Saudi Arabia to localize 100,000 tourism jobs
- Govt to take tougher steps to save people from coronavirus: PM
- VFS thread going to expand business
- Alhaj Textile pays dividends
- IMF lifts China’s GDP to 8.4%, but Gita Gopinath says growth unbalanced
- IMCAB’s new president Basudeb, Secretary Mashum Billah elected
- US blacklists 7 Chinese super computer groups
- 15 kinds of border activities to be banned in Tibet
- Mobile network services may be disrupted today and tomorrow