Afridi tests positive for Covid-19
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-06-13 09:36:14 || Updated: 2020-06-13 09:36:14
The Pakistan all-rounder is the third Pakistan cricketer to test positive for the novel virus after Taufeeq Umar and Zafar Sarfaraz
Former Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi has tested positive for the Covid-19 pandemic. Afridi, in a tweet, revealed that he has been feeling unwell since Thursday.
“I’ve been feeling unwell since Thursday; my body had been aching badly. I’ve been tested and unfortunately I’m covid positive. Need prayers for a speedy recovery, InshaAllah,” Afridi tweeted.
The Pakistan all-rounder is the third Pakistan cricketer to test positive for the novel virus after Taufeeq Umar and Zafar Sarfaraz.
I’ve been feeling unwell since Thursday; my body had been aching badly. I’ve been tested and unfortunately I’m covid positive. Need prayers for a speedy recovery, InshaAllah #COVID19 #pandemic #hopenotout #staysafe #stayhome
Earlier in May, Afridi had bought a cricket bat auctioned by Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim in a bid to raise funds to help fight the battle against the coronavirus pandemic.
The ICC said that former Pakistan captain Afridi has decided to join the noble cause by buying the bat on behalf of his charity foundation for $20,000. “Mushfiqur Rahim has found a buyer! Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has joined the good cause, picking up the bat on behalf of his charity foundation,” the ICC tweeted.
Afridi has been doing social work during the Covid-19 pandemic via ‘Shahid Afridi Foundation’. He also asked Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh to tweet videos urging people to donate to his foundation.
- IMF: Vaccine inequity threatens Mideast’s economic recovery
- India’s L&T wins order for world’s biggest solar power plant in Saudi
- All industrial factories including garments will be opend
- Islamic Finance declares dividend
- Record 78 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- DSE warned National Insurance for unusual prices
- Capital market in big fall
- 200 million aid to developing countries to prevent Corona
- Industrialists demand to keep industres free from lockdown
- US blacklists 7 Chinese super computer groups
- 15 kinds of border activities to be banned in Tibet
- WHO chief criticises ‘shocking’ vaccine divide
- Share price of 66 companes can be reduced maximum 2%
- Record 77 new deaths from coronavirus, identified 5334
- If bank is open, capital market will also be open
- Jetro expects large Japanese investment in Bangladesh
- Robi declares dividend
- China’s population seen growing older in economic danger sign
- Bangladesh lost the trophy
- Latham’s fifth ODI century gives New Zealand series win
- Barsa knocked out from champions league
- Bangladesh will visit SriLanka in April
- Abdullah scored two Russell returned win
- Shakib al Hasan back with KKR for Rs 3.2cr
- Messi scored two,barsa got great victory
- Bangladesh spinners deny West Indies control