Wild elephants kill farmer in Jamalpur
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-05-07 06:06:57 || Updated: 2020-05-07 06:06:57
In an attempt to scare them off, the farmers engaged into a chase with bright lights and torches, locals said
A herd of wild elephants have killed a farmer in Bakshiganj upazila’s Satanipara of Jamalpur district.
The deceased were identified as Abdul Mannan, 45, a resident of Palashtola village under Kamalpur union.
A herd of about 40-50 wild elephants crossed the Indian border and came to Bangladesh on Tuesday and destroyed 10 acres of land in the area. The herd later moved to Satanipara, Jodurchar and Balurchar targeting the paddy fields of the area around 2am early morning Thursday. In an attempt to scare them off, the farmers engaged into a chase with bright lights and torches, locals said.
Despite the effort, one panicked elephant trampled Abdul Mannan to death, confirmed Bakshiganj Police OC Shafikul Islam.
- Golden Harvest declares Dividend
- Oil surges above $70 a barrel after attack on Saudi oil site
- Modi will inaugurate the Friendship Bridge on the Feni River tomorrow
- Paramount Insurance declares dividend
- Be more qualified for attaining rights: PM to women
- Interest rate on margin loans will effective from July 1
- IDRA chairman’s bribe demand: ACC launched an investigation
- 90 tons tamarind seeds imported in Hili
- International Women’s Day today
- 20 killed by suicide car bomb blast in Somalia
- Pak PM Imran wins vote of confidence
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on historic March 7
- 70 people will contest for director post in BGMEA election
- Sheikh Hasina in the list of top three womens of Commonwealth
- BSEC sitting with top officials of Merchant Bank tomorrow
- 337 officers promoted to the post of Deputy Secretary
- Modi vows ‘real change’ in Bengal
- 10 named for Independence Award 2021
- Underwater is St. Martin’s main attraction, but people doesn’t see
- Turkey wants to increase trade in textiles and jute
- Dinosaur eggs found in Madhya Pradesh
- ICMAB webinar on Covid-19 and economy
- Farmers Bank loan scam: Regent Group’s Sahed lands in jail
- India-Bangladesh transshipment journey starting today
- 5 killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Mysterious spacecraft in Japan